Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's Never Too Early

For the greens of spring! I was working with a black and white piece of glass yesterday. The glass clock that I was making came alive when I introduced the neon green. I may not always know what time it is, but it's always time for neon green! The clock will be going into a show called "It's About Time" at Maine Art Glass Studio in Lisbon, Falls, Maine. The face of the clock is done with vitreous paint, black on white glass. The clock mechanics are a Westminster Chime (battery operated) with a gold pendulum. I'll post a photo of it soon. There are no numbers on the clock and the hands are a bit obscure...my intention, since I'm trying to slow time down when in the studio.

It was the green that made it all work. Somehow, green always does!

No comments:

Post a Comment