Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bling is Good!


Lately I've been cranking out jewelry. Tiny glass pieces cut and layered with delicate precision. It brings me inward as I intensely work closer-up with small pieces of glass. There seems to be a rhythym to how I work...a pattern emerges. There seems to be a dance between the tiny intimate work and the larger more spacial sculptural pieces. I like the dance, the balance keeps me fresh and constantly evovling. It happens all the time.
The fused jewelry always brings a smile to my face as it comes to life. I love trying on each piece to make sure that it passes inspection. I think this particular bracelet was born on a trip to the Bahamas...the frothy white of the pearls and that aqua blue warm ocean glass...mmmm, I can feel the heat of the sun on my skin. We've had 22 days of rain and counting this month...so this bit of bling is a much needed warmth!

No comments:

Post a Comment