Friday, March 12, 2010

Heron Point Glass Gallery




At the end of 2009 I had the opportunity to open a gallery in Portland, Maine. It came about pretty fast and I'm still fine tuning it today. The focus of the gallery is to feature Maine artists who work in glass as well as other mediums. We are a member of the First Friday Art Walks in Portland and soon to have a website dedicated to these exhibitions!

The current show is an exhibition by Poland, Maine artist, Nel Bernard. Nel's glass is very soulful and gorgeous.

Nel Bernard Aritst's Statement

I have been expressing myself through my glass art for thirty five years, with hundreds of artworks commissioned to suit specific client needs and tastes. My experiences with melanoma cancer have led profound changes in my life priorities, and the ways that I look at life and my relationship with others.
These changes in my priorities have meant seismic alterations in my perceptions regarding my art. My art has always been grounded to some specific purpose or function - now my art has taken on the additional dimension of reflecting personal values and meanings.
My art speaks softly to make you curious, so that your looking becomes seeing and true knowing.
My art means to open the eyes of your heart.
My art intends to expose the truth rather than facts.
My art resolves to not only give you pleasure, but to reveal something that had not occurred to you before.
My art bares reminders of values that have always been honest to you.
My art is a question that only you can answer.

Nel's work will be up on display through the end of March.













1 comment:

  1. This is sooooo exciting! I thought something was up and kept meaning to ask but now I see for myself! So thrilled for you, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete