Monday, June 10, 2013

Stained Glass Again?

It's been a busy week in the studio wrapping up the final MFA presentation work, photographing it and packing it away for safe keeping until I know where to display them.  I've also been able to finish up some new work for a show it New York.  There is such a satisfying feeling when work comes to completion and it gets shipped out.  And this shipment to Figureworks Gallery felt great to get out well before the deadline.   It was a little bit like going back in time working with stained glass and I was pleased at how satisfying it was to do.
Places in NYC under glass

Stacks of glass boxes awaiting their NYC places and lid attachments

The final boxes soldered, cleaned and ready to ship.
Since closing my gallery this spring, I have been fortunate enough to still have my glass jewelry on display nearby at White Cap Grille in the Old Port, Portland, Maine. I have a small selections of fused glass jewelry pieces including necklaces, bracelets, and watches on display.  They are for sale and can be purchased at the restaurant.  Soon the jewelry will be joined by some fused glass tableware and glass boxes with connections to the Maine coast.
Fused Dichroic Glass Necklaces on display at White Cap Grille.
As always the week is never complete without baking my batch of 200 whoopie pies for White Cap Grille.  These are little treats we give to guests.  Last week's was chocolate whoopie with a fresh maple butter cream filling!
Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Maple Butter Cream Filling.
Next on the stained glass agenda is design and construction of 3 or 4 panels to be hung as a divider at a local restaurant...can you guess which one ?  I'm going to mull over designs this week and hopefully be inspired as I attend Glass Boston at MIT in Cambridge.  This will be a summer project instead of "I need it next week project".  The last large stained glass panel I made was for an arched window at a family home in Massachusetts.  I worked with a local interior designer here in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment