Monday, January 20, 2014

Mandala Bowls

It's a new year.  2014.  Wow...is time going by faster or am I just not paying attention?

A great big thank you to all of you who helped me with my MFA work this semester.  I made this video for you.  Please bear in mind that this is new technology for me (movies) so if there's a broken link, pixelated photos or scrambled music, I apologize.

It was a semester of new learning for me, not so much with glass but with my own limitations, intentions, thought processes, creativity (you know, the human side of things)!

Mandala Creation in Glass 

The movie has been uploaded to YouTube and as I watch it, I see some faults.  The movie is 7:51 minutes long but it did not play the rolling credits, in which all of you are listed!!!  But you know who you are and I thank you!

All the photos in the movie were taken as production of the two bowls was underway.  Each bowl was fused twice.  The first fusing was completely flat and then it was slump fused into a ceramic mold.  The total time in the kiln for each mandala was roughly 17 hours.

I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, you never cease to amaze me, as an artist and as a generous person always ready to share your knowledge.
    Wonderful video, incredible glass creation.

    ReplyDelete